The National Organizing Committee of the Joint International Grasslands Congress/ International Rangelands Congress have just put out their first call for abstracts for panels, papers and posters to be presented at the conference, to be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 25 to 30 October 2020.
The conference shall present a platform to share cutting edge science and practices in management of the planets’ grasslands and rangelands and offer the participants the opportunity to experience the best from the Eastern African savannas.
The theme of the conference is Sustainable Use of Grassland/Rangeland Resources for Improved Livelihoods. Keynote addresses, oral papers and posters presented at the conference will be organized around seven sub-themes:
- Sub-Theme 1: Rangeland/Grassland Ecology
- Sub-Theme 2: Forage Production and Utilization
- Sub-Theme 3: Livestock Production Systems
- Sub-Theme 4: Wildlife, Tourism and Multi-Facets of Rangeland/Grassland
- Sub-Theme 5: Drought Management and Climate Change in Rangelands/Grasslands
- Sub-Theme 6: Pastoralism, Social, Gender and Policy Issues
- Sub-Theme 7: Capacity, Institutions and Innovations for Sustainable Development in Rangelands/Grasslands
More details about these sub-themes and submission guidelines for Panel Sessions and Contibuted Papers/Posters can be downloaded here. Future updates will be available from the Congress website – http://2020kenya-igc-irc.rangelandcongress.org/