Don Burnside, ARS Finance and Audit Officer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Australian Rangeland Society in 2017
There are many good reasons to be a member of the ARS.
- In 2017, we will be holding our 19th Biennial Conference at Port Augusta from 24 to 28 September. Members will receive a discount on registration.
- Members are able to apply for travel grants funded by the Society.
- The Rangeland Journal continues to grow in its global reach and prestige.
- The Society is involved with a number of other rangeland organisations in promoting an ‘International Year of Rangelands and Pastoralists’ to be launched by the United Nations Organisation.
- The Society will also be bidding to hold the 2024 International Rangeland Congress in Australia.
- Our presence and influence through social media (Facebook and Twitter) is growing rapidly.
- Members can access past issues of the Newsletter and Journal through the website https://www.austrangesoc.com.au.
As well as annual membership renewal for 2017, the Society is offering three year memberships covering the period 2017-2019 to standard, concessional and company members. The three year memberships include a 5 per cent discount, and will protect those members taking up this option from any subscription increases in the next three years. The subscription rates for next year and the three year option are shown in the table below.
Membership renewal notices were sent out during December 2016 – please renew online through the ARS website now if you have not already done so!